I always love seeing people giving my recipes a go. Why not take a photo of your creations and post to me with #EatingWellMadeEasy?
- 600g (22oz) fresh berries
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 180g (6¼ oz) porridge oats
- 80g (3¼ oz) ground almonds
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted and very finely chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- Seeds of ½ a vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 190C (fan 170C), 375F, Gas Mark 5.
- Put all the filling ingredients in a pan over a low heat and cook for about 4 minutes or until the fruit just begins to soften. Tip the fruit into an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- For the crumble, put the porridge oats, ground almonds, dates, butter, 2 teaspoons of the ground ginger and the vanilla seeds in a bowl and, using your fingertips, rub gently together to just combine so that everything is evenly mixed in. Tip the crumble topping over the fruit and then sprinkle over the remaining 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Pop in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes or until the crumble is just turning golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before serving.