I always love seeing people giving my recipes a go. Why not take a photo of your creations and post to me with #EatingWellMadeEasy?
- Rapeseed oil, for greasing
- 75g (3oz) oats
- 200g (7oz) Medjool dates, pitted
- 125g (4½ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 75g (3oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan 160C), 350F, Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 18cm (7in) square baking tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Put the oats in a food processor and blitz until they become like a powder or fine flour. Add the dates, butter, cocoa powder, almond milk, eggs, baking powder and vanilla seeds and process until the mixture is smooth and fudgy.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the baking tin, smoothing the top evenly with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until firm on top but a little soft in the centre. That should mean that the centre of the brownies should still be the tiniest bit gooey.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool a little. Then, cut into nine squares and serve.